Are you struggling with stress, fatigue, weight or mood problems? Feeling wired & tired at the same time? Difficulty sleeping?
If the answer is yes, your Adrenal, Thyroid, and Sex hormones (OR) your HPAGT (Hypothalamus, Pituitary, Adrenal, Gonadal, & Thyroid) axis is likely in some form of trouble. This complex hormone axis is the body’s primary regulatory system which buffers sudden or long-term stress. The system is meant to act as a finely tuned orchestra where all aspects play in perfect concert. However, in today’s day and age of stress, hurry and worry, we are being bombarded from all angles – relationships, work, deadlines, medical issues, etc. Regardless of what type of chronic stress we are dealing with. Be it infections, toxicity, nutritional, or psycho-emotional stressors. It ALL unfortunately take a toll on our hormone regulation and significantly decreases the quality of life overtime.
Activated for minutes to hours, the stress buffering adaptations of the HPAGT axis are helpful and even life saving. However, left unchecked for weeks, months, or even years, the system exhausts itself and can ultimately lead to chronic health and mood problems.
At Natural Balance, we understand that these symptoms can be debilitating and difficult to diagnose from a conventional perspective. But there is HOPE! We successfully treat these problems in many of our patients and look forward with you too if you are struggling.
For further understanding of Adrenal, Thyroid and Sex hormone imbalances, we recommend reading the following feature articles from our topics library:
New Patient Process
1. New Patient Phone Consultation- Call our office to schedule a 20-minute meet and greet consultation with one of our doctors. The purpose of this meeting is hear your story initially and briefly tell you how we approach Adrenal, Thyroid, and Hormone problems from a functional medicine perspective. Once you decide to proceed with the program, charges for this initial phone meeting will be credited toward your History & Physical Exam.
2. In-person History & Physical Exam (60 min)- The purpose of this face-to-face visit is to officially establish the doctor-patient relationship, undergo a complete history and physical exam, and to decide what testing is needed.
Typical testing for this program might include:
- Diurnal Urine and/or Saliva Cortisol & Neurotransmitter tests- These tests look at your salivary cortisol/DHEA ratio throughout the day as it compares to your neurotransmitters and sex hormones. They allow us to understand fully the state of your HPAGT axis.
- Urine Nutritional Metabolites and Organic Acids - this test is a urine sample that looks at metabolites of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and neurotransmitters. Many basic nutritional deficiencies can lead to mood and memory problems. Therefore, correcting such imbalances first can allow for greater success when initiating neuro-chemical rehab protocols.
- Comprehensive Blood Testing - If you have had recent blood work with another clinic or doctor, we will review what you have already. Important blood work for evaluating Adrenal, Thyroid and Hormones will be further discussed during your initial visit and ordered per your individual circumstances.
- Thyroid/Iodine Challenge Testing- This test essentially functions as a “stress test” for the thyroid and gives us a clearer picture about the nutritional status and potential toxin accumulation related to thyroid biology.
- HIRREM (optional)- Imbalances in the nervous system can present with sleep disturbance as well. HIRREM evaluates the balance between the right and left side of your brain i.e. balance between your parasympathetic (rest and digest) and sympathetic (fight or flight) nervous system. This modality is both a screening as well as therapeutic tool to help bring you back into balance. For more information regarding HIRREM, please visit our page here.
If something concerning is flagged on these initial tests or during our initial discussion, we may need to order additional testing.
3. Lab Review (40-60 min)- After all your testing is in, we will discuss the findings and put together your treatment plan which might include, nutritional supplements, neurofeedback, sleep hygiene, dietary, lifestyle, emotional support, and/or other holistic interventions.
4. Follow up appointments (20 min)- While you work with our clinic, you will have an appointment approximately every 4 weeks initially for the first 2-3 months while we proceed through the steps of your individualized protocols. This is for your safety and to ensure that you are tolerating all of the supplements and for us to provide guidance and coaching. Of course if you need to see us anytime sooner than your scheduled appointment, you may always schedule to see us. We are here for you!
After you are on all the supplements, we give your body time to repair. At this time, we do not require follow-up but should any concerns or issues come up, we are always here for you and want to see you.
5. Discharge appointments (20-30 min)- Once we have successfully rehabilitated your HPAGT Axis fully, you will be taken off supplements and other therapies in a structured manner. Upon discharge we will provide longer-term discharge instructions which include dietary, lifestyle modifications and periodic supplementation protocols if indicated.
Most patients take anywhere from 6-18 months to fully rehabilitate their adrenal, thyroid, and sex hormones depending on the individual circumstances. It does take time, but we want to make sure we do it right so that you sustain all of the improvements you make with our clinic!
Understanding Our Clinic Policies
Our clinic polices deserve a section all to itself and includes important information about working with our clinic, refund policies, payment information, cancellation policies, etc. We request that all new patients review this material prior to enrolling with our clinic.
Billing Process: As a medical center, it is our intention that your visit be recognized by insurance AND qualify for reimbursement based on your “out-of network” benefits. Our clinic’s ability to provide superbills for your visit and utilize insurance for testing is why we are able to save patients thousands of dollars compared to other practices run by limited license clinicians such as chiropractors, naturopathic doctors, acupuncturist, etc. That said, we are unable to guarantee your insurance will reimburse your visits. Nor are we able to project how much reimbursement you will ultimately receive.
For general pricing information, please see the table below. We offer follow-up visits via phone or video as a convenient way for you to reach your health goals without feeling like you have to take a lot of time out of your schedule. We have patients all over the US and abroad who love our clinic for this!
Please note: the fee schedule below includes preparation and post counseling with our nurses or clinical assistants, as well as direct collaboration with our physicians or clinicians.
We Are Here to Help You!
On behalf of the Natural Balance Team, we hope you have found this information helpful and we look forward to working with you!
To schedule your New Patient appointment or if you have any questions, please contact Lili Boggess at 734-929-2696, extension 11.