Amalgam Fillings Removal in Ann Arbor, MI
Mercury Detoxification-Medical/Dental Wellness Program
Natural Balance Wellness Medical Center is proud to offer this extremely comprehensive, personalized, and safe approach to mercury removal from your body.
If you still have mercury amalgams fillings, we will be working alongside Ann Arbor’s Dentist to safely remove them from your mouth. Prior to removing your amalgam fillings, you will work with us to prepare and strengthen your body for the procedure.
After amalgam removal, we will then walk you through the detoxification process. If we are meeting you after the removal process is complete, we will evaluate the current toxicity level in your body and help you with the detoxification process from there. We are extremely proud of the detail we take in both the dental and medical sides to ensure your safety throughout this process.
For a more in-depth understanding regarding the health concerns surrounding mercury, please visit our article on Mercury Toxicity
New Patient Process
You will meet with one of our precision medicine doctors who will gather your medical history, complete a physical exam, discuss testing needed, and explain our clinic’s highly personalized approach to mercury removal.
Typical testing includes:
- Mercury Tri-Test: This test takes a combination of hair, urine, and blood samples and looks at mercury levels in all three areas.
- Fecal Mercury Test: This test looks at how much mercury you are eliminating in your stool.
- Urine Mercury Challenge Test: This test is done with the chelating agents DMSA (dimercaptosuccinic acid) and DMPS (dimercaptopropanesulfonic acid) to determine your total body burden of mercury. You will have two urine samples taken during this test, one as a baseline urine measurement and one after 6 hours after you take the chelating agents. This tells us how much mercury you are able to pull out of your body with the chelating agents.
- Genetics (optional): This is reserved for patients who want to evaluate their specific genetic susceptibilities related to detoxification pathways.
- Basic Lab Testing: This includes a complete blood count (CBC) and comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP).
If there are other concerns that surface during your new patient visit and physical exam, we will discuss any further individualized testing that may be required.
- Lab Review (20 to 60 min):Once all of your labs and specialized testing are in, we will meet with you to review and determine your mercury toxicity level. This gives us an opportunity to teach you regarding your genetic susceptibilities in terms of detoxification, your total body burden of mercury, and which pathway to emphasize while detoxing you.
Knowing your toxicity level can help gauge approximately how long the detox process will take for you. For most people, it is around one year.For a more in-depth look at the treatment process, please visit our article on Mercury Toxicity.
- Follow up visit (20 min): We will use oral chelation during the detoxification process, along with whatever other supplementation the test shows you need to ensure your body is well supported. About every 4 months, we will be performing a urine chelation challenge test to
Typical Follow-Up Schedule: Follow-up visits will take place every 3-4 months to go over your urine challenge testing and discuss any issues you may be having. If you need to, you may always schedule an appointment with us at any time to troubleshoot any problems or concerns you may be having.
This frequent monitoring in our clinic requires us to ensure your safety during this process. Remember, mercury removal should only be done under the guidance of a trained practitioner.
Determining Length of Treatment
Most people will take about one year to detox from mercury in a safe manner while minimizing the side effects. If your total body burden of mercury is higher, this process may take longer. Even if it takes longer, we do not rush the detox process for your safety.
For more information regarding the actual detox process and what to expect, please visit our article on Mercury Toxicity[link to page in Library].
Many patients come to our clinic for our specialized mercury detox program. We do require you to come in person for the initial visit, as it is imperative that we establish a physician-patient relationship and complete the physical exam. We take your well-being, health, and safety seriously and want to be precise in our treatment approach with you.
Natural Balance is out-of-network for all insurance and we do not bill your insurance for any services provided. We are happy to provide you with a superbill for every encounter with the appropriate E & M codes to submit to your insurance for reimbursement to you directly.
However, please understand that we cannot guarantee you will be reimbursed. For your reference, we have included the codes and pricing we use for our office visits and phone consults if you would like to check with your insurance company prior to working with us.
Please note: The times below include preparation and post-counseling with the nurse or clinical assistant, as well as direct collaboration with our physicians or clinicians.
Our clinic policies include important information about working with our clinic, refund policies, payment information, cancellation policies, etc. We request that all new patients review this material prior to enrolling with our clinic.
Contact Us for Amalgam Fillings Removal and Mercury Detoxification in Ann Arbor, MI
On behalf of the Natural Balance team, we hope you have found this information helpful and we look forward to working with you.
If you’re concerned about mercury toxicity, use our online booking to schedule your new patient appointment or call (734) 929-2696 to arrange your visit to Natural Balance Wellness Medical Center today.