Precision Weight Loss Program in Ann Arbor, MI
This program is ideal for patients looking for a functional medicine approach to weight loss or obesity. Your team of clinicians will take great delight in orienting you to this cutting-edge approach to your weight loss goals.
Most patients coming to this program have failed all the fad diets and intense exercise regimens and are looking for something more sustainable as a lifestyle. Patients enrolling in this program are generally very motivated and ready to invest fully in the educational, clinical, and diagnostic efforts required to understand the root of their weight issues. Treatment includes medications/supplements, if needed, but at the center of your plan is dietary, lifestyle, and tools to empower your mindset. This is NOT a quick fix weight loss program. Most patients are enrolled for 6 months but can be shorter or longer depending on the complexity of your case. By the end of the program, you will be given the tools to create a lifestyle that is healthy and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is for you to continue to thrive without us.
PRECISION WEIGHT LOSS DETAILS
The Precision Weight Loss - New Patient Bundle ($980) Once enrolled, you’ll meet with all clinicians on your team in person, on the phone, and via videoconference, as we gather your medical history, decide on initial labs, explain our clinic process, and prepare you for educational sessions, lab reviews, and treatment planning visits.
The bundle includes the following ($980):
The intake process includes:
- Phone Intake appointment with your doctor (40 min) - The purpose of this intake will be to “hear your story,” collect important health information, history, and order labs.
- Video appointment with Leslie Goss, MHE (our Health Educator) (15 min) - This appointment will be to explain lab kits.
- In Office physical exam (20 min) - In this appointment, your doctor will conduct a physical exam.
- Video appointment with your doctor (30 min)- Teaching session where weight loss concepts are explained
- In Office Health and Nutrition Coaching appointment (90 min)- The purpose of this visit is to gather an initial intake regarding diet, lifestyle, sleep, stress, baseline measurements, body composition analysis and barriers to treatment. From your initial intake, she will then tailor and start you on lifestyle and dietary modifications while waiting for your lab work to come in. We truly believe in a comprehensive approach to weight loss and at the foundation is your diet and lifestyle.
- Phone 2nd appointment with Leslie (15 min): This appointment will take place after your visit to review your labs, to go over the doctor's plan and detailed instructions on supplement protocols.
*Bloodwork ordered may be completed at a lab near you or through your PCP. We cannot guarantee pricing.
The total time with the doctor for the new patient appointment is typically 1 hour. However, please be aware that if your case is more complex, the doctor might need to schedule additional time to finalize your New Patient intake. The extra time will be charged at our New Patient hourly rate, prorated to the time spent with the doctor.
After all testing has been completed, we will discuss the findings and put together your treatment plan, which might include dietary, lifestyle, and nutraceutical interventions. A typical lab review is between 60-90 minutes depending on the complexity and number of labs to review. These visits are billed at $450/hr, prorated to the time spent with the doctor. See the "Insurance & Billing" section for details. We expect the program to last approximately 6 months but can be shorter or longer depending on the complexity of your case.
INITAL FOLLOW-UP WITH HEALTH COACH
This 60 min appointment is a chance to review previously discussed interventions/goals at the first visit. It is a chance to troubleshoot and tailor your following week's goals. Our program's success lies in the close follow-up and coaching.
Every month you will have a 60 min appointment to recheck body weight, body composition, and anthropometrics to objectively track your progress and review the results with our health coach. Based on the results, your goals, and lifestyle, she will tailor the following weeks towards the next goal.
ADDITIONAL MEDICAL AND COACHING FOLLOW-UPS
- These visits range from 20-30 minutes, approximately every month initially with Dr. Soorya for the first 3-5 months while we proceed through the steps of your individualized protocols. This is for your safety and to ensure that you are tolerating all of the supplements (and medications if needed), to discuss any problems you may be having, and to provide guidance and coaching. The amount of follow ups required depends on the complexity of your case and will be discussed with you.
- You will be meeting with our health coach weekly for 30 minutes to help ease you into the lifestyle and dietary changes required. This will also help establish accountability on your part. Once you have found your rhythm, follow up visits will then be biweekly.
Once a month, you will come into the office to have a follow up BIA to help track your body composition progress. These results will be reviewed with our health coach at one of your follow up visits and adjustments to your protocol will be made accordingly.
- When we have successfully finished all pre-planned protocols, you will be taken off supplements in a structured manner. We will meet one more time to see how you are doing and provide long-term discharge instructions, including dietary and lifestyle modifications and periodic supplementation protocols, if indicated.
All follow up appointments with the doctor are billed at $380/hr, prorated to the time spent.
See the "Insurance & Billing" section for details.
Natural Balance Wellness Medical Center is out-of-network for ALL insurances. We are happy to provide you with an itemized superbill for every encounter with the appropriate codes to submit to your insurance for reimbursement to you directly. However, please understand that we have literally given up trying to figure out the whims of insurance and cannot guarantee you will be reimbursed. For your reference, we have included the codes and pricing we use for the New Patient appointment, follow-up visits, phone consults, etc. to assist you with checking with your insurance company ahead of time if you wish.
A Note Regarding Visits: The times below for follow-up visits include preparation and post-counseling with the nurse or clinical assistant, as well as direct collaboration with our physicians or clinicians.
At Natural Balance, we bill based on decisions, complexity and relative value (RVU) rather than "time."
The super bill will have the following codes.
New Patient - Precision Weight Loss:
|99205||New Patient Visit||$450|
|99354||Medical Office Visit- extra time (Teaching Session)||$225|
Please note, this initial investment DOES NOT include any Testing or Visits to Review Labs.
Medical Office Visit to review lab (example of a 90-minute lab review appointment)
|99215||Comprehensive Lab Review||$450|
|99354||Comprehensive Lab Review -extra time.||$225|
A typical appointment to review labs with the Functional Medicine Program is anywhere between 60-90 minutes, depending on the complexity of your case and how many labs we are ordering.
Follow up visits for established patients (in-office appointment)
|99215||Comprehensive Planning or Lab Visit, Level 5||$380|
|99215||Extended Planning or Lab Visit, Level 5||$295|
|99214||Basic Planning or Lab Visit, Level 4||$230|
|99213||Follow Up, Level 3||$160|
|99212||Simple, Level 2||$105|
Remember that a follow up is typically only 20 to 30 min.
Follow up visit (over the phone appointment)
|99443||Comprehensive Planning or Lab Visit, Level 5||$380|
|99443||Extended Planning or Lab Visit, Level 5||$295|
|99443||Basic Planning or Lab Visit, Level 4||$230|
|99443||Follow Up, Level 3||$160|
|99443||Simple, Level 2||$105|
New Patient Appointment with RD: 90 min @ $225
Follow-Up Appointments with RD: $150/hour, prorated to the length of each appointment
Billable Codes Provided with Super Bill for RD: Natural Balance Wellness Medical Center is out-of-network for ALL insurances, and we do not bill your insurance for any services provided. We are happy to provide you with an itemized superbill for every encounter with the appropriate codes to submit to your insurance for reimbursement to you directly.
However, please understand that we have literally given up trying to figure out the whims of insurance and cannot guarantee you will be reimbursed. For purposes of checking with your insurance company, the billable code used for all new patient appointments is 97802 and all follow up appointments is 97803.
|“Simple” Check-up on a particular protocol without further instructions or decisions. Patient or staff requested a simple visit to solve a problem that cannot be solved by a clinical assistant without a doctor. This also included DBS follow up visits.|
|“Follow up”: Review response to existing protocol, troubleshoot if needed, update Review of Systems (ROS), provide and explain next steps, answer questions.|
|“Basic Planning or Lab Visit”: Multilevel decision making required. Creating a new ROS. If re-testing, 1 or 2 simple labs are reviewed, explained and documented. Wrapping up a previous protocol, establishing and explaining a new protocol, etc.|
|“Extended Planning or Lab Visit”: Same as Level 4, but more extended / higher complexity. If re-testing, 1 complex, multi-page lab OR multiple simple labs reviewed, explained and documented.|
|“Extensive Planning or Lab Visit”: Same as Level 5 Extended Planning or Lab Visit, but more extensive / higher complexity / more time spent. Typically used when reviewing and documenting multiple labs OR re-establishing care. This level of visit is rare for an established patient undergoing follow up visits or lab reviews.|
Our clinic policies include important information about working with our clinic, refund policies, payment information, cancellation policies, etc. We request that all new patients review this material prior to enrolling with our clinic.