Weight Loss Programs in Ann Arbor, MI
Weight loss is on everyone’s mind ALL THE TIME. We are bombarded from every angle about losing weight quickly through fad diets, intense exercise regimens, starvation, and diet pills to achieve what we think is a “healthy” body. But these options fail in the long term in terms of success. Patients often end up gaining even more weight than they began with.
Even if you eat correctly and exercise according to standard recommendations, there are many rate-limiting factors that may be inhibiting your ability to lose the pounds you desire.
These factors include:
- Slowing of metabolism
- Hormonal imbalances
- Poor liver function
- Poor nutrition
- Lack of understanding of proper diet, exercise, and sleep
At Natural Balance, our successful Precision Weight Loss program can help you achieve your weight loss goals. We take a very comprehensive approach to weight loss which includes a thorough medical workup as well as a dietary, nutrition, and lifestyle assessment.
MEDICAL WORKUP AND TREATMENT
This requires diagnostic testing ordered by a physician. Note: Although lab values may be normal, subclinical low levels can indicate an imbalance (or pre-disease state) and warrants attention, especially if symptoms are present. A medical workup and treatment can include the following:
- Diagnose and treat any hormonal imbalances. Treatment can include medications, herbs, nutraceutical supplements, and lifestyle. Common hormones evaluated are:
- Adrenal (which includes cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone)
- Body Composition Analysis to determine muscle, water, bone, and fat composition. This will be tracked periodically during your work with us to ensure you are progressing in the right direction.
- Improve liver function and detoxification pathways
- Urine Nutritional Testing to evaluate for nutritional deficiencies. Nutrition is the backbone of your physiology and if you are deficient in certain nutrients, it can make losing weight extremely difficult.
- Diagnose and address any food sensitivities which can increase inflammation and water retention, contributing to weight gain
- Evaluate digestive health
- Nutrigenomic (genetic) testing may be suggested under special circumstances to devise an ideal diet for an individual, but this is rarely needed.
Excess weight is inflammatory and can predispose you to diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, and cardiovascular disease which are all the leading causes of chronic disease in the United States. Being preventative in your health goals can not only improve your energy, physique, and endurance but will also help you prevent more serious lifestyle related diseases.
DIETARY/LIFESTYLE ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT
In our comprehensive approach to weight loss, we create and tailor a plan around YOU and your unique dietary and lifestyle needs. With our experienced dietitian, you will have weekly coaching sessions where she can track your progress. During these sessions you will discuss, learn, and implement in a systematic way the following:
- Diet/Nutrition Interventions
- Stress Management
- Sleep Optimization
We Are Here to Help You!
On behalf of the Natural Balance team, we hope you have found this information helpful and we look forward to working with you.